June 29, 2015

HGUC 1/144 RGM-79C GM Type C

Woot!
Finished my first model of 2015.
Now I have achieved my target of finishing at least one model a year! 


Will try to get a light box or better booth setup before finishing another model.
Most of the pics I took are barely usable.



After at least an hour of shooting, deleting and uploading pictures, I decided to take more pictures under the nature light.
It was a cloudy and raining day but the pics still turned out ok.
Can't beat the nature light!


You can see some chipped paint and scratch marks here and there from first round of photo taking.
Wish I paid more attention and handled it with more care :(


-------------------------
These following photos were taking after following some advice from a broad member on TFW2005.
Manual focus and automatic depth of field really make a huge difference.
Now I can get some half-decent photos even with my crappy setup.








-------------------------

The visor has been coated with the Future floor wax.


 

Laser foil tape for the sensor on weapon.
A thin layer of semi-gloss coat helps toning down the colour and making the sticker less out of place.

Comparison with the OOB kit.
Fairly satisfied with how the main colour turned out.
I am tempted to use the leftover to paint a desert colour GM II. 


with HGUC Zaku F2
Aesthetic aside, GM Type C still doesn't measure up with its Zeon counterpart in term of accessories and construction. 







 



No comments:

Post a Comment