December 17, 2016

HGUC Revive Gouf

It's been a while since I updated this blog.....
While I still do snap-build regularly, I rarely do any serious project 
since there are so many half-finished ones on my hands. 

This one is just to get back the "feel" of air-brushing, a little exercise before other projects.
Minimum modding to the kit but I did re-scribe and sharpen some areas like usual.

Tamiya acrylic black paint as the base coat and the shadow. 
However, it was done haphazardly so I decided to give it a semi-gloss coat instead of the flat one and 

Wa-lah! A delicious smokey Gouf!! 


I separated the individual fingers but did not reinforce the joints, a terrible decision.
The fingers became too floppy to hold the positions for posing.


The clear red mono-eye piece from wave was added in the last minute just before applying the top coat so not enough clearance for it to more left and right. 




Used foil tape to cover the back of mono-eye and orange cockpit
Also shorten the snout a little. Even I can't tell the difference though.



Also modded the tab on the saber hilt.
Holding the hilt in the middle just doesn't look right to me. 





It olny took me two weeks to finish this so I am very happy.
Nevermind about the lack of panel-line and somehow iffy proportion.
I am just happy I get something done this summer!

Yup, I finished this during the summer but just never really uploaded the picture.
I also started another 3 projects.
Luckily, I finished an old project this year, just haven't finished the photo-shooting.    

No comments:

Post a Comment